Roland Peter Haas: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2016
|Name||Dr. Roland Peter Haas|
|Consultation hours||By appointment|
ETH Zürich, LEE H 223
|Department||Mechanical and Process Engineering|
|151-0761-00L||Practice Course to Focus Projects on Product Development |
Only students for focus projects. 2 up to 3 students per focus project.
|3 credits||3G||R. P. Haas, C. R. Dietzsch, I. Goller, M. Meboldt, C. Schorno|
|Abstract||This course provides comprehensive input to ongoing focus project teams in the areas of project management, communication and presentation, as well as dealing with the media, coaches and patents and safety issues.|
|Objective||Participants will receive tips, hints and background information from experienced tutors appliccable to current projects.|
- Creating a solid project base
- Project planning and controlling
- Product validation and testing
- Problem solving cycle and decicion taking transparent for others
- Public Relations in a Nutshell
- How to aquire and manage suppliers and sponsors
- Technical repots
- Review presentations
Handling of and guidance to
- Expectation management and dealing with conflicts
- Safety issues
- Issues regardring patents
|Lecture notes||Lecture notes and documentation will be electronically available.|
|Prerequisites / Notice||- only for students participating in a Focus Project in the same semester|
|151-0765-00L||Leading and Coaching Focus Project Teams (Basic Course)|
This course is the first part of a two-semester course.
The course "Leading and Coaching Focus Project Teams (Basic Course)" for Autumn Semester is examined together with the course "Leading and Coaching Focus Project Teams (Advanced Course)" for Spring Semester with 4 ECTS.
|0 credits||2G + 0.5A||R. P. Haas, I. Goller|
|Abstract||Aim is enhancement of knowledge and competency regarding coaching skills. Participants should be coaches of focus projects. Topics: Overview of the role and mind set of a coach as, introduction into coaching methodology, building competencies by doing and exchanging good practices from former focus projects.|
|Objective||Basic knowledge about role and mindset of a coach;|
Knowledge and reflection about the classical problems in coaching of a focus project;
Development of personal coaching skills;
Knowledge and know-how about coaching methods;
Reflection and exchange of experiences about personal coaching situations;
Inspiration and learning from good cases regarding organizational and team management aspects.
|Content||Content of both basic and advanced course (2 semester):|
Basic knowledge about role and mindset of a coach
- Introduction into coaching: definition & models
- Introduction into the coaching process
- Role of coaches between examinator and "friend"
Knowledge and reflection about the problems in coaching a focus project
- Knowledge about team development
- Reflection about critical phases in the innovation process for an innovation team
- Know-how about reference model for analysis critical situations
Development of personal coaching competencies, e.g. active listening, asking questions, giving feedback
- Competencies in theoretical models
- Coaching competencies: exercises and reflection
Knowledge and know-how about coaching methods
- Knowledge about basic coaching methods for technical projects/innovations projects
- Know-how about usage of methods in the coaching process
- Facilitating decisions
- Using and applying coaches opinions and knowledge
Reflection and exchange of experiences about personal coaching situations
- Exchange of experiences in the lecture group
- Good practice on orgaizational and management aspects
- How to do system and concurrent engineering
- Projct planning and replanning
- Facilitating conflict situations
- Discussing sample cases from former teams and actual cases of participants.
|Lecture notes||Slides, script and other documents will be distributed via electronically |
(access only for paticipants registered to this course).
|Literature||Please refer to lecture script.|
|Prerequisites / Notice||Participants (Students, PhD Students, Postdocs) should be part of the coaching team of focus project teams.|
The course "Leading and Coaching Focus Project Teams (Basic Course)" (HS) is examined together with "Leading and Coaching Focus Project Teams (Advanced Course)" (FS) in FS with 4 ECTS.