Otto Eerikki Seppälä: Katalogdaten im Herbstsemester 2016
|Name||Herr Dr. Otto Eerikki Seppälä|
Eawag, Eawag BU G08
|701-1471-00L||Ecological Parasitology |
Number of participants limited to 20.
Enrollment is limited to Master students of the study programme Environmental Sciences majoring Ecology and Evolution and to Master students of the study programme Biology majoring Ecology and Evolution (Elective Compulsory Master Courses), time of enrolment is decisive.
It is possible to enroll until September 12. The registration will only be effective once confirmed.
|3 KP||1V + 1P||O. E. Seppälä, H. Hartikainen, J. Jokela|
|Kurzbeschreibung||Course focuses on the ecology and evolution of macroparasites and their hosts. Through lectures and practical work, students learn about diversity and natural history of parasites, adaptations of parasites, ecology of host-parasite interactions, applied parasitology, and human macroparasites in the modern world.|
|Lernziel||1. Identify common macroparasites in aquatic organisms. |
2. Understand ecological and evolutionary processes in host-parasite interactions.
3. Conduct parasitological research.
1. Diversity and natural history of parasites (i.e. systematic groups and life-cycles).
2. Adaptations of parasites (e.g. evolution of life-cycles, host manipulation).
3. Ecology of host-parasite interactions (e.g. parasite communities, effects of environmental changes).
4. Applied parasitology (e.g. aquaculture and fisheries).
5. Human macroparasites (schistosomiasis, malaria).
1. Examination of parasites in fish (identification of species and description of parasite communities).
2. Examination of parasites in molluscs (identification and examination of host exploitation strategies).
3. Examination of parasites in amphipods (identification and examination of effects on hosts).