Sibylle Claudia Zürcher: Katalogdaten im Herbstsemester 2016
|Name||Frau Dr. Sibylle Claudia Zürcher|
ETH Zürich, WEV K 514
|Departement||Management, Technologie und Ökonomie|
|363-1049-00L||Contemporary Conflict Management||3 KP||2V||M. Ambühl, S. C. Zürcher|
|Kurzbeschreibung||The course provides students with theoretical background and practical insights in conflict management in the 3 areas international, business and interpersonal (legal) relations. Students are introduced into theoretical concepts related to the research field and real world case studies including examples of international conflicts, WWI, old and new regional conflicts, business and mediation.|
|Lernziel||Students will gain|
- knowledge of history of conflict management;
- comprehension of major ideas in the theory and practice of conflict management, mediation, transformation and resolution;
- application of theoretical concepts to current conflict situations;
- evaluation of conflict situations in international relations and business.
|Inhalt||The following topics will be covered:|
- history of international and regional conflicts;
- theoretical concepts of conflict management;
- theoretical models of arms races and conflict escalation;
- case studies in international conflicts, as well as in business.
Distinguished guest speakers will be invited.
|Literatur||- Jacob Bercovitch, Victor Kremenyuk, and I. William Zartman (editors) (2013): The SAGE Handbook of Conflict Resolution. SAGE, Los Angeles, LA|
- Oliver Ramsbotham, Tom Woodhouse, and Hugh Miall (2012): Contemporary Conflict Resolution. Polity Press, Cambridge, UK
-Jacob Bercovitch and Richard Jackson (2012): Conflict Resolution in the Twenty-first Century: Principles, Methods, and Approaches. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI
- Peter Wallensteen (2012): Understanding Conflict Resolution. SAGE, London, UK
- Tricia Jones and Ross Brinkert (2007): Conflict Coaching: Conflict Management Strategies and Skills for the Individual. SAGE Publications, London, UK
- Susan S. Raines (2013): Conflict Management for Managers: Resolving Workplace, Client, and Policy Disputes (The Jossey-Bass Business & Management Series). Jossey-Bass, San-Francisco, CA
- William Ury (2015): Getting past no: Negotiating with difficult people. Random House, UK
- Philip D. Straffin (1993): Game theory and strategy. Mathematical Association of America, Washington, DC.