Peter Acél: Catalogue data in Spring Semester 2015
|Name||Dr. Peter Acél|
Dr. Acél & Partner AG
|Telephone||044 447 20 60|
|Fax||044 447 20 69|
|Department||Mechanical and Process Engineering|
|151-0055-10L||Engineering Tool V: Planning of Human Work |
Number of participants limited to 20.
Only one course can be chosen per semester. All Engineering Tool courses are for MAVT-Bachelor students only.
|0.4 credits||1K||P. Acél, B. Britzke, K. Wegener|
|Abstract||This course gives an introduction into the planning and optimization of human work procedures in industry as a basis for the determination of personnel requirements. By using Methods of Time Management (MTM) it is shown, how work procedures are modelled in the different abstracted layers.|
MTM is the benchmark for time in process elements - an international standard.
|Objective||The participants learn the basics in planning and optimizing of human work. They recognize that the problem solving based on work-organisation (e.g. efficiency of the staff members, pulsing) and ergonomical issues (e.g. overload of staff members) is made easier to achieve through the planning with MTM.|
|Content||This educational-objective will be shown by machine demonstrations, movies and lecture/theory. The contents will be engrossed in practice oriented group works.|
1. The input by MTM to solve operational tasks
- definition and application of MTM (process elements)
- 7 wastes
- comparison MTM, stopwatch, estimation
- planning of working-systems (personnel requirements and optimized operational procedures)
2. The MTM-System and the respective main attributes
- system elements
- information content of MTM-application flow diagram
- simulations ability
3. Development of processes
- description of shortage, flow, rhythm, layout, standards, complexity, amount of parts etc.
- is (analysis) - should-be (synthesis) in CHF
4. Application of MTM for the entire process chain
- 3-stage model: development, scheduling, operation in fabrication and assembly
- assembly fitting production engineering in the development, structuring appendage
- work in the rated range, transparency and staff member motivation
- ergonomically assessment of the working area, norm for human effort
5. MTM-systems and border lines (compression)
- differences in the application MTM 1, MEK, UAS
- IT-support: Ticon, Prokon
- classification REFA, IE, stopwatch, ROM; Value Stream, KAIZEN, KVP, 5S, Lean Management etc.
- other applications for logistic, administration, hospital etc.
|Lecture notes||- Script: Copies of the foils will be distributed to the participants|
- downloadable movies from real examples as extension
- MTM-Time card with 5S and the 7 wastes
|Prerequisites / Notice||Requirements for the participation in the course: Students in MAVT, MTEC or the like.|
This is a praxis-oriented course. Your entire attendance is therefore expected.
Your inscription to this course is binding.