851-0735-10L Business Law
|Semester||Autumn Semester 2017|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Comment||Number of participants limited to 100|
Particularly suitable for students of D-ITET, D-MAVT
|Abstract||The students shall obtain a basic knowledge about business law. They shall be able to recognize and evaluate issues in the area of business law and suggest possible solutions.|
|Objective||The students shall obtain the following competence:|
- They shall obtain a working knowledge on the legal aspects involved in setting up and managing an enterprize.
- They shall be acquainted with corporate functions as contracting, negotiation, claims management and dispute resolution
- They shall be familiar with the issues of corporate compliance, i.e. the system to ascertain that all legal and ethical rules are observed.
- They shall be able to contribute to the legal management of the company and to discuss legal issues.
- They shall have an understanding of the law as a part of the corporate strategy and as a valuable ressource of the company.
|Lecture notes||A comprehensive script will be made available online on the moodle platform.|