701-1656-01L Introduction into Landscape Development
|Semester||Spring Semester 2018|
|Lecturers||S.‑E. Rabe, E. Celio, A. Grêt-Regamey|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Comment||This course takes place if at least 5 students enroll.|
Students who are enrolled in this lecture cannot enroll in the lecture 103-0338-00L Project Week in Landscape Development.
It ist necessary to enroll for the lecture 103-0330-00L Landscape Aesthetics (2 CP) to reach the required 5 CP.
|Abstract||The course provides an introduction to the theory and methodology of landscape planning. In particular, measuring, understanding and assessing of landscape-relevant land-use, requirements and developments will be taught. Concerning the landscape development, aims will be developed and corresponding actions defined.|
|Objective||The students are able to:|
- use the different instruments and methods of landscape development.
- recognize and name the structure of a landscape.
- recognize and understand the history of land-use.
- recognize and understand the context of arrangement of a landscape.
- assess a landscape in its entirety and in its single-elements.
- develop a vision of a landscape.
- prepare and provide substantiated actions.
|Content||The course consists of theoretical inputs and independent or assisted exercises.|
Depending on the subject area to be processed, different methods are used. This applies to both the methods of investigation of landscape-elements and characteristics as well as the methods for evaluation of landscape-elements and characteristics.
Subjects and methods are developed and defined in the exercises.
|Prerequisites / Notice||Students who are enrolled in this lecture cannot enroll in the lecture 103-0338-00L Project Week in Landscape Development.|