851-0242-01L Coping with Psychosocial Demands of Teaching (EW4)
|Semester||Spring Semester 2019|
|Lecturers||P. Greutmann, U. Markwalder, S. Peteranderl|
|Periodicity||every semester recurring course|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Comment||Enrolment possible with Teaching Diploma matriculation, except for students of Sport Teaching Diploma, who complete the sport-specific course unit EW4.|
|Abstract||In this class, students will learn concepts and skills for coping with psychosocial demands of teaching|
|Objective||Students possess theoretical knowledge and practical competences to be able to cope with the psychosocial demands of teaching. |
(1) They know the basic rules of negotiation and conflict management (e.g., mediation) and can apply them in the school context (e.g., in conversations with parents).
(2) They can apply diverse techniques of classroom management (e.g., prevention of disciplinary problems in the classroom) and know relevant authorities for further information (e.g., legal conditions).
(3) They know stress coping strategies to prevent burnout and are familiar with relevant institutions (e.g., psychosocial support).
- conflict management and mediation
- classroom management
- preventing stress and burnout
Forms of learning
Theoretical foundations will be taught in workshops which contain different means of activation and interaction such as group work, panel discussions, and individual work. Subsequently, this knowledge will be transfered and applied in different school-relevant situations by means of role plays, discussing of cases and video sequences, as well as reflections of practical experiences.
|Lecture notes||Kein Skript|
|Literature||Verschiedenen Grundlagen- und Anwendungstexte werden den Studierenden zur Verfügung gestellt (Moodle).|
|Prerequisites / Notice||Der erfolgreiche Abschluss von EW1 und EW2 stellt eine wünschenswerte, jedoch nicht obligatorische Voraussetzung dar.|