402-0844-00L Quantum Field Theory II
|Semester||Spring Semester 2015|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Abstract||The subject of the course is modern applications of quantum field theory with emphasis on the quantization of non-abelian gauge theories.|
|Content||The following topics will be covered:|
- path integral quantization
- non-abelian gauge theories and their quantization
- systematics of renormalization, including BRST symmetries,
Slavnov-Taylor Identities and the Callan Symanzik equation
- gauge theories with spontaneous symmetry breaking and
- renormalization of spontaneously broken gauge theories and
quantum effective actions
|Literature||M.E. Peskin and D.V. Schroeder, |
An introduction to Quantum Field Theory, Perseus (1995).
Quantum Field Theory, CUP (1996).
The Quantum Theory of Fields (Volume 2), CUP (1996).
Quantum Field Theory, CUP (2006).