376-1400-00L Transfer of Technologies into Neurorehabilitation
|Semester||Spring Semester 2017|
|Lecturers||C. Müller, R. Gassert, R. Riener, H. Van Hedel, N. Wenderoth|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Abstract||The course focuses on clinical as well as industrial aspects of advanced technologies and their transfer into neurorehabilitation from both theoretical and practical perspectives. The students will learn the basics of neurorehabilitation and the linkage to technologies, gain insight into the development within the medtech field and learn applications of technologies in clinical settings.|
|Objective||The students will: |
- Learn basics and principles of clinical neuroscience and neurorehabilitation.
- Gain insight into the technical basics of advanced technologies and the transfer into product development processes.
- Gain insight into the application, the development and integration of advanced technologies in clinical settings. This includes the advantages and limitations according to different pathologies and therapy goals.
- Get the opportunity to test advanced technologies in practical settings.
- Learn how to transfer theoretical concepts to actual settings in different working fields.
|Content||Main focus: |
- Neurobiological principles applied to the field of neurorehabilitation.
- Clinical applications of advanced rehabilitation technologies.
- Visit medical technology companies, rehabilitation centers and labs to gain deeper insight into the development, application and evaluation of advanced technologie
|Lecture notes||Teaching materials will be provided for the individual events and lectures. |
- Slides (pdf files)
- Information sheets and flyers of the visited companies, labs and clinics