365-1067-00L (Un)ethical Decision Making: Alternative and Critical Thinking in Management
|Semester||Autumn Semester 2017|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Comment||Exclusively for MAS MTEC students (third semester). |
Limited number of participants: a minimum of 10 persons and a maximum of 40 persons.
Please register by 06.09.2017 at the latest via myStudies.
|Abstract||This course is about decision making processes in complex situations involving financial, relational and ethical problems. First, it provides fundamental tools for addressing problematic situations.|
Second, it discusses how stakeholders' ethical expectations and social responsibility issues can be effectively implemented and integrated in organizational systems and strategic planning processes.
|Objective||- Become familiar with tools and procedures to prevent, identify and resolve corporate fraud and crime in organizations|
- Understanding the mutual relationship between financial, relational and ethical drivers in managerial decision making
- Become familiar with tools and procedures to prevent and resolve corporate crises and scandals
- Understanding the opportunities associated with the corporate social responsibility (CSR) movement and how to integrate CSR in organizational and strategic planning
- Create an effective CSR strategic planning process to successfully develop and implement a CSR package
- Understand a variety of strategic CSR planning tools
- Become familiar with creating deep destructive change in pursuit of dual economic and social value
|Content||- Fraud and corruption in organizations|
- Crisis management
- Personnel problems: Preventing and managing mobbing and sexual harassment
- Global criminal networks
|Lecture notes||Most classes are taught through a series of mini-cases and notes that represent real management decisions.|
Some classes are complemented with readings from prominent media resources, guest speakers and experimental exercises.
|Literature||This course is based on mini-cases that will be distributed during the classes.|
|Prerequisites / Notice||No Pre-course preparation as requirement. |
This is an interactive course.