Suchergebnis: Katalogdaten im Herbstsemester 2016
|Gesundheitswissenschaften und Technologie Master|
|Vertiefung in Bewegungswissenschaften und Sport|
|376-0300-00L||Translational Science for Health and Medicine||O||3 KP||2G||J. Goldhahn, C. Wolfrum|
|Kurzbeschreibung||Translational science is a cross disciplinary scientific research that is motivated by the need for practical applications that help people. The course should help to clarify basics of translational science, illustrate successful applications and should enable students to integrate key features into their future projects.|
|Lernziel||After completing this course, students will be able to understand:|
Principles of translational science (including project planning, ethics application, basics of resource management and interdisciplinary communication)
|Inhalt||What is translational science and what is it not?|
How to identify need?
- Disease concepts and consequences for research
- Basics about incidence, prevalence etc., and orphan indications
How to choose the appropriate research type and methodology
- Ethical considerations including ethics application
- Pros and cons of different types of research
- Coordination of complex approaches incl. timing and resources
How to measure success?
- Outcome variables
- Improving the translational process
Challenges of communication?
How independent is translational science?
- Academic boundary conditions vs. industrial influences
Positive and negative examples will be illustrated by distinguished guest speakers.
- Seite 1 von 1